Our next meeting on recording outcomes is an online workshop on the morning of Wednesday 14th June. More information and link to register here
March 2023 meeting – recording and evaluation
This meeting was at the Apex Hotel in Waterloo Place in Edinburgh on 15th March 2023. The theme was outcomes, recording and evaluation. Our brief report is here:
Presentations are below.
First, Matter of Focus presented on use of information on personal outcomes for evaluation
We had two policy presentations. The first was on Getting it Right For Everyone
The second policy presentation was from the Person-Centred team on developing measures
We also had a presentation on three waves of work on recording practice by Iriss
October 2022 meeting – leadership, wellbeing and outcomes
This face to face meeting was on 26th October in the Studio in Glasgow. The theme was leadership, wellbeing and outcomes. Our report on the event includes links to resources as well as key messages from the presentations
Tracy McLeod. Midlothian HSCP talked about the importance of adopting a strengths based and outcome focused approach to conversations in the organisation as a whole
You can also find Tracy’s presentation here
Julie Gracie from SSSC talked about compassionate leadership in a crisis
Fiona Dee from NES talked about Leading to Change and free leadership resources
June 2022 meeting
We hosted a meeting for members on the morning of 22nd June at the Golden Jubilee hotel to help plan the year ahead. Twenty PON members contributed to an energising morning. The report was sent to members in July 2022, available in the following link
Covid story project 2021-22
For the first year of the pandemic we focused on our COVID story project.
Between October 2021 and April 2022 we focused on our good (outcome focused) conversation project. We published a short report on that project in April 2022.
To join the Network or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our meeting on 30th March 2022 concluded our Conversations Project. Rebecca Johns, consultant social worker from Wales talked about a whole system approach to embedding outcomes in Neath and Port Talbot
Our meeting on 14th October 2021 was Good outcome focused conversations
A whole system approach to personal outcomes in Wales Social Care Wales
The Midway Approach Tracy McLeod
Understanding and supporting outcome focused conversations Julie Gardner and Emma Miller
We screened our new video – produced in collaboration with Karen Barrie
Our meeting on 7th July, 2021 was Using Stories in Services
You can find our brief report on the workshop and videos of the presentations below:
- Narrative Dialogue: Using Stories to Navigate Difficult Conversations, Tim Chapman
- Magic and Tragic Moments: Ideas and Methods for Storytelling, Nick Andrews
COVID project (April 2020 – April 2021) related webinars:
- At our members workshop in February 2021 we tested the resource on stories of changing practice under COVID. Attendees contributed to the finished product.
- Our second webinar in November 2020 Meaningful conversations in a virtual world
- Our first webinar in June 2020 Recovery, wellbeing and outcomes for people.
Face to face events
- 25th February 2020 in the Beardmore Hotel, Clydebank. The theme was recording and measuring personal outcomes.
- 27th November 2019, Beardmore Hotel. The theme was understanding outcomes. See our report and some useful slides for understanding outcomes.
- 5th September 2019, in the Beardmore Hotel. The theme was enabling risk and personal outcomes and we produced a report.
- 28th May 2019, Beardmore Hotel. The theme was supervision for staff.
- 28th February 2019, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, 232 St Vincents Street, Glasgow. The theme was Personal outcomes and planning
- 6th December 2018, Hilton Grosvenor Edinburgh: The theme was outcomes for carers in the context of the Carer (Scotland) Act 2016
- 11th September 2018, Trades Hall, Glasgow: The theme was using information about outcomes. (Video presentations from our December 2018 session on using information about outcomes are available here)
- 14th June 2018, Queen’s Hotel Perth, Leonard Street, Perth: The theme was around how personal outcomes can be embedded in roles which focus on ‘task and time’ with a range of examples from practice.
- 13th March 2018, Dovecot Studios, 10 Infirmary Street, Edinburgh: The theme of this meeting was around personal outcomes and the new health and social care standards.
- We held a range of meetings from 2015 to 2018 on diverse outcomes related topics.