Until February 2020, the Personal Outcomes Network hosted quarterly meetings. For a year we then focused on our COVID story project. We currently host quarterly webinars (see below). Our current focus is on good (outcome-focused) conversations.
To join the Network or for further information, please contact PON@nes.scot.nhs.uk
Will continue our current theme of good (outcome-focused) conversations. This will be an online workshop on 9th February 2-4pm. Details tbc
Recent webinars / virtual meetings
Our meeting on 14th October was Good outcome focused conversations
This was part of a project contributing to SDS standards and the National Care Service consultation (see our submission here)
A whole system approach to personal outcomes in Wales Social Care Wales
The Midway Approach Tracy McLeod
Understanding and supporting outcome focused conversations Julie Gardner and Emma Miller
We screened our new video – produced in collaboration with Karen Barrie
Our meeting on 7th July, 2021 was Using Stories in Services
You can find our brief report on the workshop and videos of the presentations below:
- Narrative Dialogue: Using Stories to Navigate Difficult Conversations, Tim Chapman
- Magic and Tragic Moments: Ideas and Methods for Storytelling, Nick Andrews
COVID project (April 2020 – April 2021) related webinars:
- At our members workshop in February 2021 we tested the resource on stories of changing practice under COVID. Attendees contributed to the finished product.
- Our second webinar in November 2020 Meaningful conversations in a virtual world
- Our first webinar in June 2020 Recovery, wellbeing and outcomes for people.
Face to face events
- 25th February in the Beardmore Hotel, Clydebank. The theme was recording and measuring personal outcomes.
- 27th November 2019, Beardmore Hotel. The theme was understanding outcomes. See our report and some useful slides for understanding outcomes.
- 5th September 2019, in the Beardmore Hotel. The theme was enabling risk and personal outcomes and we produced a report.
- 28th May 2019, Beardmore Hotel. The theme was supervision for staff.
- 28th February 2019, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, 232 St Vincents Street, Glasgow. The theme was Personal outcomes and planning
- 6th December 2018, Hilton Grosvenor Edinburgh: The theme was outcomes for carers in the context of the Carer (Scotland) Act 2016
- 11th September 2018, Trades Hall, Glasgow: The theme was using information about outcomes. (Video presentations from our December 2018 session on using information about outcomes are available here)
- 14th June 2018, Queen’s Hotel Perth, Leonard Street, Perth: The theme was around how personal outcomes can be embedded in roles which focus on ‘task and time’ with a range of examples from practice.
- 13th March 2018, Dovecot Studios, 10 Infirmary Street, Edinburgh: The theme of this meeting was around personal outcomes and the new health and social care standards.
- We held a range of meetings from 2015 to 2018 on diverse outcomes related topics.